In recent times, ecology and sustainability are recurrent subjects of discussion.
Being sustainable is important. It is essential for the preservation of our environment, and it is It is necessary to take action so that natural resources do not run out.
In Europe, there are many countries that are aware of being ecological and sustainable, the adoption of measures that avoid toxic gas emissions, and the increase The use of plastic and paper has increased in recent years. On July 1, 2021, the Portuguese government approved resolutions to reduce the consumption of plastic and paper, prohibiting the use of plastic materials, such as coffee cups, straws, cutlery, among others. others. The aim of the European Plastics Strategy will be to: 2030, that all plastic packaging placed on the European Union market is reusable, compostable, biodegradable, or easily recyclable. Recommending that all Member States should encourage the use of products which are suitable for multiple uses and which, after becoming waste, can be prepared with the aim of being reused and recycled. In order to encourage consumers to reduce the use of disposable products, the Portuguese government has decided that it will not be possible to use disposable products. It is possible to go to the supermarket, to a clothing store or to the beach. pharmacy and bring the products in bags without paying for it. A great suggestion from a company that promotes sustainability and helps us in the process of being more ecological is: a bioethic. With small changes and changes in your life you can contribute to the restoration of the ecosystem. On a day-to-day basis, apply the following tips, and you will be happy. make the world more sustainable:
- Replacing plastic items for sustainable and conscious items, allowing the continued use of an item, instead of sending it to the trash;
- Decrease your time in the shower, and reduce the amount of water spent washing your dishes;
- Buy a water filter, and start drinking filtered tap water;
- Recycle, and give away! a new use for already published articles. used, such as grain or bean jars;
- Use solar energy in your home, if possible;
- Invest in more efficient and economical light bulbs;
- Cut down on food waste.
Article by: Catarina Canário